Forum: Ruby on Rails One layout for entire apps

Joshua P. (Guest)
Dear all,

I am still new in rails, and I realised that in rails each model has
its own layout/template located under layouts/

Now my question is, is it possible to have only one layout for the
entire apps instead of having separate one for each model? If so, is
there any guide I can read about it? Or could someone give me a hint
on how to do it

Thanks in advance
Michael L. (Guest)
On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Joshua P.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am still new in rails, and I realised that in rails each model has
> its own layout/template located under layouts/
>
> Now my question is, is it possible to have only one layout for the
> entire apps instead of having separate one for each model? If so, is
> there any guide I can read about it? Or could someone give me a hint
> on how to do it

http://guides.rubyonrails.org/layouts_and_rendering.html

Section 2.2.12

--
Michael C. Libby
www.mikelibby.com
wrote:

> Thanks in advance

Joshua,

By default, Ruby on Rails will attempt to render the following layout
view.

* /app/views/layouts/application.html.erb

This would match the ApplicationController naming.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Robby

--
Robby R.
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting

http://www.planetargon.com/
http://www.robbyonrails.com/
aim: planetargon

+1 503 445 2457
+1 877 55 ARGON [toll free]
+1 815 642 4068 [fax]
Joshua P. (Guest)
Thank you all for the responses. I'm going to try it out first.

Cheers
zero0x (Guest)
You can also change the layout by calling layout 'layout' from the
controller class.

Joshua P. napĂ­sal(a):