Forum: Ruby on Rails 2.2.2 super simple upgrade question

Richard S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-28 05:52
I've been riding rails since 1.2 and had no problems (that i couldn't
get over) upgrading. Since i've installed rails 2.2.2 (verified via gem
list, and rails -v) and I change my environment.rb to read

 RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.2.2'

yet when i run script/server it still starts up in 2.1.0

=> Rails 2.1.0 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000

Am I missing something??
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 7:52 PM, Richard S. <

> => Rails 2.1.0 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
>

> Am I missing something??
> --

Hi, did you update the configuration files by running 'rake
rails:update' in
the root of your rails application?  Also,
what version of ruby gems are you using (gem -v)?

-Conrad
Richard S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-28 06:14
> Hi, did you update the configuration files by running 'rake
> rails:update' in
> the root of your rails application?  Also,
> what version of ruby gems are you using (gem -v)?
>
> -Conrad

not sure if rake rails:update did anything but here's the output of my
bash

166:slangasaurus richard$ rake rails:update
(in /Users/richardschneeman/Documents/AptanaStudio/slangasaurus)
166:slangasaurus richard$ gem -v
1.3.1
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 8:14 PM, Richard S. <

> 166:slangasaurus richard$ rake rails:update
> (in /Users/richardschneeman/Documents/AptanaStudio/slangasaurus)
> 166:slangasaurus richard$ gem -v
> 1.3.1

 Did you edit the RAILS_GEM_VERSION in the correct environment.rb?
Richard S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-28 06:30
>  Did you edit the RAILS_GEM_VERSION in the correct environment.rb?

here is my entire environment.rb file...http://pastie.org/347697

slangasaurus/config/environment.rb

RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.2.2' unless defined? RAILS_GEM_VERSION

i've also tried just editing down to " RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.2.2' "

166:slangasaurus richardschneeman$ rails -v
Rails 2.2.2

Nothing seems to affect the version that my script/server runs on...
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Richard S. <

> i've also tried just editing down to " RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.2.2' "
>
> 166:slangasaurus richardschneeman$ rails -v
> Rails 2.2.2
>
> Nothing seems to affect the version that my script/server runs on...

Hi, I had a similar issue where I performed the following action to
resolve
the problem:

sudo gem install rails

-Conrad
Richard S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-28 06:55
richard-macbook-pro:slangasaurus richard$ sudo gem install rails
Successfully installed rails-2.2.2
1 gem installed
richard-macbook-pro:slangasaurus richard$ script/server
=> Booting Mongrel (use 'script/server webrick' to force WEBrick)
=> Rails 2.1.0 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Starting Rails with development environment...
** Rails loaded.
** Signals ready.  TERM => stop.  USR2 => restart.  INT => stop (no
restart).
** Rails signals registered.  HUP => reload (without restart).  It might
not work well.
** Mongrel 1.1.5 available at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Use CTRL-C to stop.

Maybe not so simple of a question after all...
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Richard S. <

> ** Starting Rails with development environment...
> ** Rails loaded.
> ** Signals ready.  TERM => stop.  USR2 => restart.  INT => stop (no
> restart).
> ** Rails signals registered.  HUP => reload (without restart).  It might
> not work well.
> ** Mongrel 1.1.5 available at 0.0.0.0:3000
> ** Use CTRL-C to stop.

Do you have multiple versions on rails installed (i.e. gem list)?  Or do
you
have a version of rails installed in vendor/rails?
Richard S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-28 07:24
WOW, you're fking awesome. I don't know how i missed that. Thanks a
bunch, i knew it was something small. I had my rails version frozen, all
i had to do was delete the folder in under vendor. Thanks abunch!!