Forum: Ruby on Rails Session hash and fetch problem?

David S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-28 01:01
Short version of the problem:

Why this works
   session[:sub_menu].fetch(:stock)
and this don't?
   session[:sub_menu].fetch("stock")

thanks

David S.
Frederick C. (Guest)
Because :foo != 'foo'

The fact that the params hash doesn't care is an exception

Sent from my iPhone

David S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-28 01:15
Thanks Frederick.

I want to do something like:

<% session[:sub_menu].fetch(controller.controller_name) do |sub_menu|
-%>
  <% sub_menu.each do |menu| -%>
    <li>
      <%= link_to "#{menu[:presentation_name]}", :controller =>
"#{menu[:controller]}", :action => "#{menu[:action]}" %>
    </li>
  <% end -%>
<% end -%>

Where the main idea is to fetch the hash values for the key that has the
same name of the controller.

What do you suggest?

tks again.

David S.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 27 Dec 2008, at 23:15, David S. wrote:

> "#{menu[:controller]}", :action => "#{menu[:action]}" %>
>    </li>
>  <% end -%>
> <% end -%>
>
> Where the main idea is to fetch the hash values for the key that has
> the
> same name of the controller.

> What do you suggest?

It doesn't matter whether you use symbols or strings for your session
keys as long as you pick one and stick with it.

Fred
David S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-28 01:26
Hey Frederick thank you very much....

How was x-mas? (I hope you are not Jewish or some thing like that!)
Have a happy new year...

tks again.

David S.