Forum: Ruby on Rails will_paginate working in the opposite way expected

Fernando P. (Guest)

I am creating a little blogging engine, so I want the most recent posts
to display first, so I make a search with :order => 'created_at DESC'

For some reason, will_paginate works the opposite way I expect it to be.
I mean the previous / next links are opposite to what I want. What could
I be doing wrong?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 27 Dec 2008, at 18:38, Fernando P. wrote:

> could
> I be doing wrong?

As in Next fetches older posts ? If so you're not doing anything
wrong. While you may thing of next as more recents posts,
will_paginate only cares about it being the next page.
You can tell will_paginate what labels to use for the links  with
the :next_label/:previous_label options so you can swap them around or
use something less ambiguous like older/newer

Fred
Fernando P. (Guest)
on 2008-12-29 19:36
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 27 Dec 2008, at 18:38, Fernando P. wrote:
>
>> could
>> I be doing wrong?
>
> As in Next fetches older posts ? If so you're not doing anything
> wrong. While you may thing of next as more recents posts,
> will_paginate only cares about it being the next page.
> You can tell will_paginate what labels to use for the links  with
> the :next_label/:previous_label options so you can swap them around or
> use something less ambiguous like older/newer
>
> Fred

Ok I get it Frederick, so everything is working fine, it's just the name
that mixed me up. Thanks.