Forum: JRuby Rack, Warbler and servlet filter behavior

M.W. M. (Guest)

I'm trying to get my rack app to run as a true servlet filter within
another
java web app. I've got it running fine as a standalone servlet handler
(basically the same web.xml file that warbler created). Is it possible
run an embedded rack app and still be able to do something for each
request
(like a servlet filter)?

Thanks,

Matt
Post T. (Guest)
Try the new Go Web Framework at http://www.tudbc.org/goweb which
allows you to run Ruby natively inside a Java EE Server, and you still
have full access to the Java EE Server.

TUDBC

The only problem is that this is an existing, tomcat-deployed app. I
can't
change that aspect unfortunately. But Go looks pretty interesting.
Thanks,
Matt
Nick S. (Guest)
On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Matt M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get my rack app to run as a true servlet filter within another
> java web app. I've got it running fine as a standalone servlet handler
> (basically the same web.xml file that warbler created). Is it possible to
> run an embedded rack app and still be able to do something for each request
> (like a servlet filter)?

Do you mean use a Rack application as a servlet filter? Or just run
other servlet filters in front of your Rack-based application? For the
former, it's not possible today without some modifications to
JRuby-Rack. For the latter, it should work fine as long as you pay
attention to ordering of the filters.

/Nick

Hi Nick,

I mean #1, run a Rack app as a filter of some sort. Is this something
that
might be possible in the future?

Thanks,
Matt