Forum: Ruby on Rails What to call Rails + merb

Teedub (Guest)
I am so excited about the Rails Merb merger! We need a descriptive
name for the event.
Rails 3 is fine but not descriptive enough

David A Black tweeted it as the merber (merg of merb and rails)

This is my favorite
Ruby on Rails<<Merb
or Rails<<Merb

Other thoughts
mRails
rMerb
Rails+=merb
Rails++ (hold your fire, it's a joke)
Rails[:merb]
RailsMerb
meRails
MerbRails
:rails

Ok, You can FLAME me now.

Happy days
Teedub
Jej (Guest)
> I am so excited about the Rails Merb merger! We need a descriptive
> name for the event.

"Merb alors" (stupid french spoonerism, sorry...)

Jej
mattetti (Guest)
Hehe, the official name will stay Rails 3 but you can always try to
convince the main bloggers to come up with a nickname ;)
I'm glad to hear you're excited tho!

- Matt
Matt H. (Guest)
Teedub wrote:
> I am so excited about the Rails Merb merger! We need a descriptive
> name for the event.
> Rails 3 is fine but not descriptive enough
>
> David A Black tweeted it as the merber (merg of merb and rails)
>
> This is my favorite
> Ruby on Rails<<Merb
> or Rails<<Merb

Not knowing much at all about merb, I'm finding it hard to get super
excited, but I am excited about new technology in general :)

Just in case there will be a cutsie nick for the merger I'd like to
register my +1 for Rails<<Merb

Happy holidays

Matt
Ken W. (Guest)
on 2008-12-27 07:48
Maybe Merle?
Merble?
Marble?

Raileries?
Rhuberb?
Rumer?
Bobnation (Guest)
How about Ruby on Rails? Anyone?

On Dec 26, 11:48 pm, Ken W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Dec 26, 2008, at 9:48 PM, Ken W.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid
 > wrote:

> Maybe Merle?
> Merble?
> Marble?
>
> Raileries?
> Rhuberb?
> Rumer?

Rails 3.0
tonypm (Guest)
How about RaiMer
tonypm (Guest)
Using Rails relies heavily on googling - so my vote would go for
naming it something pretty unique.  I've done a lot of reading about
railway track engineering over the recent years.

Tonypm
James B. (Guest)
on 2008-12-27 23:18
Teedub wrote:
> I am so excited about the Rails Merb merger! We need a descriptive
> name for the event.

Mr. Ails ?
MarcRic (Guest)
Rails 3.0 - LIVE, released. http://smallr.com/8tl