Forum: Ruby on Rails ruby webApp that requires NO database

(Guest)
HI

I am a newbie to ruby. I am creating a webApp which will dynamically
take data from the API of a search engine and display it, also I need
to display some data directly from internet like a person's blog. For
this application I don't need a database. Should I still use Ruby on
Rails as it uses database and it will be redundant for my application?
Is there any other alternative which I can use?

Thanks in advance,
Anuj
http://anuj-mehta.blogspot.com/
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Dec 26, 12:02 pm, "removed_email_address@domain.invalid"
wrote:
> HI
>
> I am a newbie to ruby. I am creating a webApp which will dynamically
> take data from the API of a search engine and display it, also I need
> to display some data directly from internet like a person's blog. For
> this application I don't need a database. Should I still use Ruby on
> Rails as it uses database and it will be redundant for my application?
> Is there any other alternative which I can use?

You can certainly do that - I have a few small databaseless
applications written in rails.

Fred
(Guest)
Thanks Fred.