Forum: RSpec cucumber command

Juanma C. (Guest)
on 2008-12-26 12:08
Hello
I want to use the cucumber command to run only the feature I am working
on now.
But I have a structure of folders like this:

  features/
    administracion/
      alta_centros.feature
      modificacion_centros.feature
      step_definitions/
        steps_for_centros.rb
    step_definitions/
      general.rb
      webrat_steps.rb
    support/
      env.rb

When I use "rake features" all works, but I am running all the features.
Now I want to run only one of the features.

  cucumber --language es features/administracion/alta_centros.feature

And the feature fails. It seems that it is not reading env.rb and the
other step definition files.
Can I have a folder structure like this?
How I have to use the cucumber command to make this.

Thanks
Juanma
Mischa F. (Guest)
try:

rake features FEATURE=features/administracion/alta_centros.feature
Juanma C. (Guest)
on 2008-12-26 12:46
Mischa F. wrote:
> try:
>
> rake features FEATURE=features/administracion/alta_centros.feature

It works.
Thank you very much
Joseph W. (Guest)
Juanma C. wrote:
>         steps_for_centros.rb
>   cucumber --language es features/administracion/alta_centros.feature
>
> And the feature fails. It seems that it is not reading env.rb and the
> other step definition files.

When running the cucumber command directly it will implicitly require
the sibling and ancestor ruby files  of the feature. So as you suggested
it will not auto load your env.rb or you step_definitions folder.
> Can I have a folder structure like this?

You can have whatever folder structure you want. If you look at the
default layout generated by cucumber it uses a similar structure to what
you have now (support / step_definitions).

> How I have to use the cucumber command to make this.

If you want to use the tool directly you could do:

cucumber --require features/support/ --require
features/step_definitions/  --language es
features/administracion/alta_centros.feature

HTH
--
Joseph W.
http://blog.josephwilk.net
Joseph W. wrote:

> If you want to use the tool directly you could do:
>
> cucumber --require features/support/ --require
> features/step_definitions/  --language es
> features/administracion/alta_centros.feature

This style works for me, from the project root directory:

$ cucumber -r features features/administracion/alta_centros.feature

Have not tried this with the language option though.