Forum: GNU Radio Error compiling current trunk

Michael D. (Guest)
In gr-usrp/src/lib and gr-usrp/src/app, compiling requires the file
"usrp_dbid.h", which used to be in "${abs_top_srcdir}/usrp/host/lib/
legacy", but with the change-over to C++ this file is now built during
compilation and is located in "${abs_top_builddir}/usrp/host/lib/
legacy".  The INCLUDES were not updated to reflect this change, and
hence compiling errors out in either / both of those directories (same
way, but a different fix is required for each).  A quick fix is
appended ("svn diff"), but I'm not sure it's the correct fix (it does
work for me). - MLD
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Thu, 2008-12-25 at 14:34 -0500, Michael D. wrote:

> In gr-usrp/src/lib and gr-usrp/src/app, compiling requires the file
> "usrp_dbid.h", which used to be in "${abs_top_srcdir}/usrp/host/lib/
> legacy", but with the change-over to C++ this file is now built during
> compilation and is located in "${abs_top_builddir}/usrp/host/lib/
> legacy".  The INCLUDES were not updated to reflect this change, and
> hence compiling errors out in either / both of those directories (same
> way, but a different fix is required for each).  A quick fix is
> appended ("svn diff"), but I'm not sure it's the correct fix (it does
> work for me). - MLD

Good catch, thanks.  This has been applied and checked into the trunk.

This was a case where the trunk would pass 'make distcheck', which does
a VPATH build internally, yet an explicit VPATH build such as what you
were doing would fail.  We occasionally run into this; I guess we should
be doing the second manual VPATH build test before merges even though
99% of the time the 'make distcheck' is sufficient.

-Johnathan