Forum: RSpec Nokogiri 1.1.0 and ActiveRecord 2.2.0

James B. (Guest)
on 2008-12-24 16:58
Just a heads up.  I updated my nokogiri gem to 1.1.0 yesterday and could
not run rake features thereafter.  I had to drop back to 1.0.7. I have
reported this problem on the project page at rubyforge.

This is what I see:

 /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:442:in
`load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant Nokogiri::CSS::XML
(NameError)
        from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:77:in
`const_missing'
        from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.1.0/lib/nokogiri/css/selector_handler.rb:3
        from
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`gem_original_require'
Josh K. (Guest)
On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 9:58 AM, James B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Just a heads up.  I updated my nokogiri gem to 1.1.0 yesterday and could
> not run rake features thereafter.  I had to drop back to 1.0.7. I have
> reported this problem on the project page at rubyforge.

This problem exists in the Webrat gem up on RubyForge.  We're going to
release a new gem in the next few days, in the mean time feel free to
grab the source off github.com/brynary/webrat where it is fixed.

--
Josh K.
phone: 509-979-1593
Josh K. wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 9:58 AM, James B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> wrote:
>> Just a heads up.  I updated my nokogiri gem to 1.1.0 yesterday and could
>> not run rake features thereafter.  I had to drop back to 1.0.7. I have
>> reported this problem on the project page at rubyforge.
>
> This problem exists in the Webrat gem up on RubyForge.  We're going to
> release a new gem in the next few days, in the mean time feel free to
> grab the source off github.com/brynary/webrat where it is fixed.
>

> --
> Josh K.
> phone: 509-979-1593
> email:  removed_email_address@domain.invalid
> web:    http://joshknowles.com

Thanks for the information. I am a newbie to the ruby on rails world. I
started with Cucumber and BDD. I have been struggling with initial setup
of cucumber and getting a sample feature running due to multiple errors
on my way.

I will try this soon.
Manasi V. (Guest)
on 2008-12-25 14:29
Josh K. wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 9:58 AM, James B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> wrote:
>> Just a heads up.  I updated my nokogiri gem to 1.1.0 yesterday and could
>> not run rake features thereafter.  I had to drop back to 1.0.7. I have
>> reported this problem on the project page at rubyforge.
>
> This problem exists in the Webrat gem up on RubyForge.  We're going to
> release a new gem in the next few days, in the mean time feel free to
> grab the source off github.com/brynary/webrat where it is fixed.
>

> --
> Josh K.
> phone: 509-979-1593
> email:  removed_email_address@domain.invalid
> web:    http://joshknowles.com

Thanks for the information. I am a newbie to the ruby on rails world. I
started with Cucumber and BDD. I have been struggling with initial setup
of cucumber and getting a sample feature running due to multiple errors
on my way.

I tried this but I get the following error now -
C:\ruby_on_rails\sample>rake features
(in C:/ruby_on_rails/sample)
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`gem_original_re
quire': no such file to load -- webrat/rspec-rails (MissingSourceFile)
Failed to load features/support/env.rb  from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/ruby
gems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'

I have nokogiri 1.0.7 and webrat 0.3.2 with cucumber 0.1.12

Thoughts ?
James B. (Guest)
on 2008-12-25 18:42
Manasi V. wrote:

> I tried this but I get the following error now -
> C:\ruby_on_rails\sample>rake features
> (in C:/ruby_on_rails/sample)
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
> `gem_original_re
> quire': no such file to load -- webrat/rspec-rails (MissingSourceFile)
> Failed to load features/support/env.rb  from
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/ruby
> gems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
>
> I have nokogiri 1.0.7 and webrat 0.3.2 with cucumber 0.1.12
>
> Thoughts ?

As shipped, cucmber expects to have rspec and rspec-rails available,
either as plugins or as gems.  Install both and try again.

HTH
Aslak H. (Guest)
On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 5:42 PM, James B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> > gems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
> >
> > I have nokogiri 1.0.7 and webrat 0.3.2 with cucumber 0.1.12
> >
> > Thoughts ?
>
> As shipped, cucmber expects to have rspec and rspec-rails available,
> either as plugins or as gems.  Install both and try again.

Cucumber is decoupled from RSpec and does not depend on it. However, the
default setup when Cucumber is used with Rails is to use Webrat and
RSpec,
but you can change this.

Aslak