Forum: Ruby on Rails rails 2.2 connection to MySQL

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
geneeyuss (Guest)
on 2008-12-24 00:44
(Received via mailing list)
I have been trying to connect to MySQL thru rails. Initially I had
rails 2.1.2 and upgraded to rails 2.2 to use RestAPI in sproutcore.
Once I have upgraded my rails version to 2.2, I have been getting this
error. All I did is the following:

1. rails addressbook
2. cd addressbook
3. script/generate scaffold Contact first_name:string lastname:string
4. rake db:migrate

I also change the database.yml to suite MySQL.

I have been getting the below error. Could someone please help me
resolve this issue

ERROR:
srilatha-bhuvanapallis-macbook-pro:contacts Latha$ rake db:migrate(in /
Users/Latha/LearnSproutCore/AddressBookWithDatabase/contacts)
!!! The bundled mysql.rb driver has been removed from Rails 2.2.
Please install the mysql gem and try again: gem install mysql.
rake aborted!
no such file to load -- mysql

(See full trace by running task with --trace)


Thanks in advance
Latha
Hassan S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-24 02:00
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:08 AM, geneeyuss 
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I have been getting the below error. Could someone please help me
> resolve this issue

> !!! The bundled mysql.rb driver has been removed from Rails 2.2.
> Please install the mysql gem and try again: gem install mysql.

So what happened when you followed that instruction?

--
Hassan S. ------------------------ removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Lost W. (Guest)
on 2008-12-24 06:57
If u are a ubuntu or debian user install mysql library via

sudo apt-get install libmysql-ruby

with regards,
Gen
http://genlinux.blogspot.com

geneeyuss wrote:
> I have been trying to connect to MySQL thru rails. Initially I had
> rails 2.1.2 and upgraded to rails 2.2 to use RestAPI in sproutcore.
> Once I have upgraded my rails version to 2.2, I have been getting this
> error. All I did is the following:
>
> 1. rails addressbook
> 2. cd addressbook
> 3. script/generate scaffold Contact first_name:string lastname:string
> 4. rake db:migrate
>
> I also change the database.yml to suite MySQL.
>
> I have been getting the below error. Could someone please help me
> resolve this issue
>
> ERROR:
> srilatha-bhuvanapallis-macbook-pro:contacts Latha$ rake db:migrate(in /
> Users/Latha/LearnSproutCore/AddressBookWithDatabase/contacts)
> !!! The bundled mysql.rb driver has been removed from Rails 2.2.
> Please install the mysql gem and try again: gem install mysql.
> rake aborted!
> no such file to load -- mysql
>
> (See full trace by running task with --trace)
>
>
> Thanks in advance
> Latha
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.