Forum: Ruby on Rails Test messages showing up on rake tasks

Maurício L. (Guest)
Hello guys,

Recently an application started to print these nasty messaes everytime
I try to run a rake task:

=====
Loaded suite /usr/bin/rake
Started

Finished in 0.000235 seconds.

=====

It's as if something is calling the test runner. I'

-
Maurício Linhares
(en)
Maurício L. (Guest)
Hello guys,

Recently an application started to print these nasty messaes everytime
I try to run a rake task:

=====
Loaded suite /usr/bin/rake
Started

Finished in 0.000235 seconds.

=====

It's as if something is calling the test runner, but i'm not really
sure why or where.

I'm running rails 2.2.2 and RSpec 1.1.11.

-
Maurício Linhares
(en)
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Dec 23, 1:08 pm, "Maurício Linhares" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> Recently an application started to print these nasty messaes everytime
> I try to run a rake task:

Some thing is requiring test/unit

Fred
Maurício L. (Guest)
On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Frederick C.
> Some thing is requiring test/unit

Is there any way to discover who's doing it? Or any way to disable it?

-
Maurício Linhares
(en)
Maurício L. (Guest)
Well, solved it :)

Here's the deal for future searches, I've added a require method to my
environment.rb file (before rails boot require):

def require( file )
  if file == 'test/unit'
    raise "do not require this shit"
  else
    super

And just found out where it was being required :)

Thanks!

-
Maurício Linhares
(en)

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Maurício Linhares