Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem with will_paginate.

Nihil C. (Guest)
on 2008-12-23 14:25
hiii all

i am new to ruby on rails. i am facing a problem with pagination. i have
a page
on which i have three partial and all have pagination. if i click on one
partial's next page it will update all the three partial to second page.
Please help me to solve this problem.
MaD (Guest)
one way would be to only update one of your partials using ajax.

another way would be to post your code here...
Nihil C. (Guest)
on 2008-12-23 15:03
MaD wrote:
> one way would be to only update one of your partials using ajax.
>
> another way would be to post your code here...

I m using ajax pagination.
MaD (Guest)
well then there has to be some error in your code. look at your
targets. you have to specify the correct div/container to update. that
way only one of your partials will turn to the next page.

On 23 Dez., 14:03, Nihil C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Nihil C. (Guest)
on 2008-12-23 15:10
<%= will_paginate
@category_history,:renderer=>'RemoteLinkRenderer',:remote=>{:with=>'value',:update=>'category_history'}%>

i want to send an id with this will_paginate which i can get in
controller and check for which one div i have to update.
MaD (Guest)
i don't think this will work. why don't you just specify which div to
update, depending on which pagination has been clicked (on the client
side) and make your call accordingly?
Ruhul A. (Guest)
on 2009-01-17 10:00
MaD wrote:
><%= will_paginate
>@category_history,:renderer=>'RemoteLinkRenderer',:remote=>>{:with=>'value',:update=>'category_history'}%>
> i don't think this will work. why don't you just specify which div to
> update, depending on which pagination has been clicked (on the client
> side) and make your call accordingly?

 I have faced the same type of problem.
<%= will_paginate
@posts,:renderer=>'RemoteLinkRenderer',:remote=>>{:with=>'value1',:update=>'postsDivId'}%>

in the the Post list is in the postDivId div.
But it will show the whole page in the div when I click the next page
link.
I have tried with partial with when I use the code
in index.html.erb
  <%= render :partial => 'contents' %>

Partial view: _contents.html.erb
<%= will_paginate @collection, :renderer => 'RemoteLinkRenderer',
:remote => {:update => 'container'} %>

in controller the index action :
 respond_to do |format|
      format.html { render :partial => 'container' }
      format.xml  { render :xml => @posts }
    end

It just show only the partial not the total page with the partial
display.

Please help me