Forum: RSpec [cucumber] automation and historical

Tim W. (Guest)
Hi guys,

Can someone point me to information regarding:

1) running cucumber as an automated task decoupled from CI. Assuming
cron or similar.
2) parsing and storing results so they can be graphed, etc.

Many thanks in advance,

Tim
Tim W. (Guest)
Hate to "glom on"...I was curious about the exit status from cucumber...

I did a rake features to a log file and this is the last bit:

35 steps passed
2 steps failed
4 steps skipped
1 steps pending

exit status was 0 (echo $?)

Do you guys parse this from the log or what?

Many thanks,

Tim
Pat M. (Guest)
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Tim W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Tim

Well, you can just run "rake features" from cron...

As for storing the results for graphing, you could make a custom
listener that stores the results in a CSV list.  You know
features_run,scenarios_run,passing_steps, etc etc.  Then you have a
little script that runs over the CSV file and feeds the data into a
graphing tool/lib.  You *could* actually do all of that from within a
formatter too if you want...just tally up the results and then at the
end build a graph from it.

Pat
John G. (Guest)
what kind of graphs are you thinking?  Can they be plugged into rcumber?
Aslak H. (Guest)
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Tim W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

Really??

Try running rake features in examples/i18/en
Try running it again - this time with an error added to calculator.rb

First time I get 0, second 1.

Please confirm.

Aslak
Tim W. (Guest)
Hi Aslak,

Yes, that produced 1. I'll try it again tomorrow. So, if anything
fails the error code will be not 0. Is it always 1 or the number of
failing tests or anything else?

Thanks again,

Tim

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM, aslak hellesoy
Tim W. (Guest)
The standard stuff, number of tests, passing, by type, daily results
summary...things that show a consistent attention to test automation.

Let me play with rcumber. Thanks, Tim
Aslak H. (Guest)
Den 23. des.. 2008 kl. 01.46 skrev "Tim W."
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:

> Hi Aslak,
>
> Yes, that produced 1. I'll try it again tomorrow. So, if anything
> fails the error code will be not 0. Is it always 1 or the number of
> failing tests or anything else?

Always 1, but I like your idea.