Forum: Typo XML Syndication Sidebar

Shanif D. (Guest)
on 2008-12-22 21:10
Hello,

On a recent installation of Typo, I noticed that the XML Syndication
sidebar is empty in all of my themes.  There are no links to syndicated
articles/comments.  The only thing that shows up is the heading
"Syndicate".

I'm new to Typo and may not understand how it's supposed to work, but
this seems a bit odd to me.  Are there any other configurations I'll
need to do to enable syndications?

As an FYI, I've created a new theme based off the standard issue theme
and used most of the files in there.  I'm not sure if this makes a
difference or not but I figured it couldn't hurt to know.

Thanks for all of your assistance.

-Shanif
Cyril M. (Guest)
Shanif Dhanani wrote:

> As an FYI, I've created a new theme based off the standard issue theme
> and used most of the files in there.  I'm not sure if this makes a
> difference or not but I figured it couldn't hurt to know.
>
> Thanks for all of your assistance.
>
> -Shanif

When you speak about xml syndication, you speak about articles.atom ?

If you use FCKEditor, the atom feed can be invalid, so firefox interpret
it bad.

it's this problem ?

--
Cyril M.
http://blog.shingara.fr
Cyril M. wrote:
> Shanif Dhanani wrote:
>>
>> As an FYI, I've created a new theme based off the standard issue theme
>> and used most of the files in there.  I'm not sure if this makes a
>> difference or not but I figured it couldn't hurt to know.
>>
>> Thanks for all of your assistance.
>>
>> -Shanif
>>
> When you speak about xml syndication, you speak about articles.atom ?
>
> If you use FCKEditor, the atom feed can be invalid, so firefox interpret
> it bad.
>
> it's this problem ?
>
> --
> Cyril M.
> http://blog.shingara.fr

Thanks for the response.  The problem is that there are no links to the
xml feeds for Articles or Comments that show up in the "Syndicate"
sidebar.  You can see an example of what I mean from the attached image.
The "Syndicate" heading is there but there's nothing below it.  Do I
need to do any additional configurations to get those links to show up?
Cyril M. (Guest)
Shanif Dhanani wrote:
>>> -Shanif
>> Cyril M.
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/3095/syndicate.PNG

So in your theme you have put <%= render_sidebars %> when you want it
render it.

If you see the HTML generate. What do you see <h3>Syndicate</h3> ?

What version or commit use you ? because in several days, syndication
link doesn't works, but fixed in this commit
http://github.com/fdv/typo/commit/07111d9199c7c162...

--
Cyril M.
http://blog.shingara.fr
Cyril M. wrote:
>>> Cyril M.
>> http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/3095/syndicate.PNG
>>

> So in your theme you have put <%= render_sidebars %> when you want it
> render it.
>
> If you see the HTML generate. What do you see <h3>Syndicate</h3> ?
>
> What version or commit use you ? because in several days, syndication
> link doesn't works, but fixed in this commit
> http://github.com/fdv/typo/commit/07111d9199c7c162...
>
> --
> Cyril M.
> http://blog.shingara.fr

Thank you very much, I applied the fixes from that commit and the links
showed up.  Unfortunately, now the links are pointing to
/xml/feed?type=feed and /xml/feed?type=comments and those links are
giving the following message: "Unsupported format".

I'll take a look at this later tonight, but if someone has any
suggestions off the top of their head I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again,
-Shanif
Cyril M. (Guest)
Shanif Dhanani wrote:

>> --
> suggestions off the top of their head I'd love to hear them.

Have you pull the HEAD of typo and you have allways this this issue or
not ?

--
Cyril M.
http://blog.shingara.fr
Cyril M. wrote:
> Shanif Dhanani wrote:
>>>>
>>> --
>> suggestions off the top of their head I'd love to hear them.
>>
> Have you pull the HEAD of typo and you have allways this this issue or
> not ?
>
> --
> Cyril M.
> http://blog.shingara.fr

I just had this issue.  I haven't pulled the HEAD yet.  I recently just
got everything up and running so I wanted to make sure that once I
update the code it won't break anything.

I'll give this a shot tonight
Cyril M. (Guest)
Shanif Dhanani wrote:

> update the code it won't break anything.
>
> I'll give this a shot tonight

So what version use you ?

If it's not a stable version, pull when it's possible. It's better.

--
Cyril M.
http://blog.shingara.fr
Cyril M. wrote:
> Shanif Dhanani wrote:
>>>>
>> update the code it won't break anything.
>>
>> I'll give this a shot tonight
>>
> So what version use you ?
>
> If it's not a stable version, pull when it's possible. It's better.
>
> --
> Cyril M.
> http://blog.shingara.fr

I got the HEAD version last week and have been using that.  I agree that
it's probably a better idea to pull from the repo when I can.

Thanks