Forum: JRuby Warbler 0.9.12 on MRI not copying gems ?

Mike H. (Guest)
One of our build environments uses MRI.

On JRuby, Warbler 0.9.12 is working fine & copying in gems to:
tmp/war/WEB-INF/gems

But for some reason MRI is not. warble runs without error, but there is
no tmp/war/WEB-INF/gems directory once its complete.

I verified this locally as well.

Any ideas?

Mike

You might try running the "war:debug:gems" task to see if it tells you
anything. Also, run with --trace and see which tasks are executed, and
maybe compare the output of the MRI to the JRuby versions.

One issue I'm aware of that can cause differences is that Dir globbing
doesn't follow symlinks in MRI, so if there are symlinks in any part
of the process that could make a difference.

/Nick

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Mike H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Any ideas?

Hi Nick,

Here is what I get:

https://trisano.csinitiative.net/wiki/Warbler0912Issue

Doesn't seem to see the gems. I'll look more closely and see what I get
with 0.9.11 later, but figured I'd send this for now.

Mike

Nick S. wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Mike H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Any ideas?

I updated the wiki page with output of 0.9.11 on MRI which works.

I took a look at the Warbler changes:
http://github.com/nicksieger/warbler/commit/786d33...

It wasn't immediately obvious to me what the issue is.

Mike