Forum: Ruby mkmf creates broken makefile (Windows)

ZippySwish (Guest)
Hi!

I'm trying to compile the ruby whirlpool library from

http://izumi.plan99.net/blog/index.php/ruby-whirlp...

on windows with Cygwin.

extconf.rb looks like this:

require 'mkmf'
dir_config('whirlpool')
create_makefile('whirlpool')

It doesn't give any error messages while creating the makefile,
however when I give the "make" command in cygwin, I get

Makefile:106: *** target pattern contains no %. Stop.

Line 106 of the Makefile looks like this:

install-so: $(RUBYARCHDIR)

It works fine in Ubuntu btw.

Thanks in advance
Luis L. (Guest)
On Dec 21, 7:34 pm, ZippySwish <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> require 'mkmf'
> install-so: $(RUBYARCHDIR)
>
> It works fine in Ubuntu btw.
>
> Thanks in advance

What Ruby version are you trying to use under Cygwin?
ZippySwish (Guest)
it says Ruby 1.8.7-p72-2