Forum: Ruby on Rails Calendar icon for date selection functionality

pepe (Guest)
Hello.

I would like to add date selection functionality using a calendar
icon. Is there a tutorial anywhere I could use?

Thanks in advance.

Pepe
Eric (Guest)
calendar_date_select
Ram (Guest)
this is the plugin u need code.google.com/p/calendardateselect/
pepe (Guest)
Thanks a lot, guys. :)

Pepe
Francesco B. (Guest)
on 2009-10-20 01:25
Ram wrote:
> this is the plugin u need code.google.com/p/calendardateselect/

Well, sorry to "resurrect" this post but I'm not sure on what should I
do: if I won't use that plugin (I would like to use the javascript
datepicker from jquery UI), I would like to understand the way on how
the plugin "parse" the information for the database. By default, rails
receive input of a date from separated fields: how can I do the
same?Because I will send informations from a single text field and not
through 3 as rails normally do
mike (Guest)
I did this by adding accessor methods to my model which basically
translate from what the jquery date select thingy gives me to what the
model wants.

2009/10/19, Francesco B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> through 3 as rails normally do
> --