Forum: Ruby on Rails Activewebservice and RoR 2.2.2

Michael G. (Guest)
While I'm thrilled about REST, I still need to interface with the real
world, and SOAP is unfortunately a necessary API interface for my
upcoming application.

What is the status of Activewebservice?  Are people using it still?  I
see on github that there is a version that SORT of works with RoR
2.2.2 (my API works there anyway) but there are some buglets in it --
the first API call always fails, and every following call works.  I
have as part of my deploy script a small script that just calls an
(unpublished but harmless) dummy function to "wake up" the API.
Gross, and likely problematic once it is used by more than one person.

I know the RoR developers have chosen REST, and I agree it is easier,
but what of those who have to interface with real-world applications
where we simply cannot dictate an API?

--Michael
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Dec 20, 11:56 am, "Michael G." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Gross, and likely problematic once it is used by more than one person.

Well there's the datanoise-actionwebservice thingy. Personally I'm
still using the actionwebservice that I pulled out of rails 1.2.6. I
don't use it very heavily but it does still basically work.

Fred