Forum: Ruby on Rails before_filter for a specific controller/action

Scott P. (Guest)
I'm learning about before_filter, implementing a simple "you must be
logged on" thing.

It works great, but I need to allow people to create a player as well.

By writing the except as attached, that works, but then everyone has
access to all "new" methods, which I don't really want.

Can someone help me with how to properly construct this to limit
non-logged in access to the new method of the players controller?
shenry (Guest)
This post might help:

http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/ticke...

On Dec 19, 11:58 am, Scott P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 19 Dec 2008, at 19:58, Scott P. wrote:

> I'm learning about before_filter, implementing a simple "you must be
> logged on" thing.
>
> It works great, but I need to allow people to create a player as well.

stick
skip_before_filter :foo, :only => :new
in PlayersController

Fred