Forum: Ruby on Rails The usage of datetime_select

Valentino L. (Guest)
on 2008-12-19 13:37
Dear all

I am a rails beginner, I would like to know how can I manipulate the
params in controller, when the datetime_select is used in form. Please
give me some advices. Thank you very much.

view/test/index.html.erb
<% form_tag :action => "search" do %>
  <%= datetime_select("from", "range", :start_year => 2007) %>
  <%= submit_tag "search" %>
<% end %>

controllers/test.rb
def search
  selected_date = How to do it here??
  @records = Record.find(:all, :conditions => "created_at >
#{selected_date}")
  render :action => 'index'
end

Many thanks
Valentino
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 19 Dec 2008, at 11:37, Valentino L. wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I am a rails beginner, I would like to know how can I manipulate the
> params in controller, when the datetime_select is used in form. Please
> give me some advices. Thank you very much.

http://www.spacevatican.org/2008/12/3/dates-params-and-you

Fred
Valentino L. (Guest)
on 2008-12-19 14:18
> http://www.spacevatican.org/2008/12/3/dates-params-and-you
>
> Fred

Thank for information, it work for me. But it seems that the date time
control is not fancy in rails.