Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails Auto Documentor?

matt simp (Guest)
Is there an auto documentor for a rails app like php documentor
(http://www.phpdoc.org/)?  I'm in need of an auto documentation
engine.

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks,
Matt
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 18 Dec 2008, at 18:06, matt simp wrote:

> Is there an auto documentor for a rails app like php documentor
> (http://www.phpdoc.org/)?  I'm in need of an auto documentation
> engine.
>
> Any recommendations would be great.

as in rdoc ?

Fred
Matt Simpson (Guest)
Yes, but not just for ruby source, but specifically for a rails
application.  Supporting the directory structure of an app.  So that
the documentation would be rendered with output of an applications
structure in mind.

On Dec 18, 12:12 pm, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Matt Simpson (Guest)
What I mean is rdoc does an excellent job with ruby source code, is
there anything out there that has merged the rdoc capabilities with
all "rails app" source files and structure?

When working with a larger scale application it's essential to be able
to make documentation notes on almost every file, currently this is
not possible because the views are missing out, this is especially
nice when the application is dealing with a lot of partials throughout
the view, rather than reading through embedded comments, it would be
generated into the docs along with the ruby source docs.

I'm just curious if anyone has developed anything like this yet.

Thanks
Davi V. (Guest)
On Thursday 18 December 2008 16:35:25 Matt Simpson wrote:
> What I mean is rdoc does an excellent job with ruby source
code, is
> there anything out there that has merged the rdoc
capabilities with
> all "rails app" source files and structure?

  "rake doc:*" didn't fit your needs?

  hth,
--
Davi V.
--

shouldn't a template file have a different extension than *.rb?
Matt Simpson (Guest)

Thanks