Typo 404 in Subdirectory

Hello,

I’ve recently gotten the latest version of Typo from SVN and have
attempted to go through all of the install guides for how to get it up
and running in a subdirectory.

Unfortunately, every time I try to access it, I get the “Page not found”
404 error that’s generated by the RedirectController.

Looking in the logs shows many of the following errors:

Processing RedirectController#redirect (for [IP] at 2008-12-17 20:26:34)
[GET]
Parameters: {“from”=>[“blog”], “action”=>“redirect”,
“controller”=>“redirect”}
Completed in 223ms (View: 0, DB: 150) | 404 Not Found
[Domain Blog | Domain, Website, and Ecommerce Tips for Small Businesses]

I’ve followed several tutorials on how to get this running as a
subdirectory, including the one on Typo’s own wiki. I’ve modified my
.htaccess files (no access to the main Apache config files), done all
the symlinking, set the Rails application root inside of environment.rb,
etc. Still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get this up and running?

Thanks!

I’m not sure what your setup is, but I’m pretty sure that you need to
replace www.domain.com from the instructions, with your actual hostname.

Matt

I always follow these instructions and works perfectly almost everytime

http://wiki.railsplayground.com/railsplayground/show/How+To+Install+Typo

when you set your symlink, this is where you can say where typo will run
from blog.domain, domain/blog, etc

Then make sure you public folder in the app has the correct permission
aka
755

Hope this helps
James

I’m not sure what your setup is, but I’m pretty sure that you need to
replace www.domain.com from the instructions, with your actual hostname.

Matt

In my real set up, the domain is correct. I merely posted that here to
show generically what it is I had done.

Thank you for the quick response. Any suggestions?

-Shanif