Forum: Radiant CMS Restrict Access to Tabs in Admin UI

Todd M. (Guest)
on 2008-12-18 03:05
Is there any way to restrict access to the tabs that are displayed in
the admin UI? For example, I installed the paperclipped extension, which
adds the "Assets" tab, and I'd like to restrict that tab to a handful of
users, or better yet to a group set up using the page group permissions
extension.

Thanks.
Todd M. (Guest)
on 2008-12-19 16:38
Todd Mcgregor wrote:
> Is there any way to restrict access to the tabs that are displayed in
> the admin UI? For example, I installed the paperclipped extension, which
> adds the "Assets" tab, and I'd like to restrict that tab to a handful of
> users, or better yet to a group set up using the page group permissions
> extension.
>
> Thanks.

I looked at a few extensions I installed and there is an easy way to
restrict a tab to the admin role. Here's how the page_group_permissions
extension does it:

admin.tabs.add "Groups", "/admin/groups", :after => "Layouts",
:visibility => [:admin]

This code goes in the activate method of the extension. I'd still like
to know how to restrict access by group.