Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem with placement of flash in layout

benedictsmith (Guest)
In my application.rhtml I have the following:

<% if flash[:notice] %>
<% end -%>

	<%= render_component(:controller => "application", :action =>
"build_menu") %>

<!-- flash doesn't work when placed here -->

<%= @content_for_layout %>

While this works, the flash simply doesn't appear when placed after the
render_component helper. It's not a CSS problem because the flash
doesn't appear
anywhere in the final page source code. Have I gotten something very
wrong? :-/

Thanks for any help!
francois.beausoleil (Guest)
Hi !
2005/11/13, Ben <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> While this works, the flash simply doesn't appear when placed after the
> render_component helper. It's not a CSS problem because the flash doesn't appear
> anywhere in the final page source code. Have I gotten something very wrong? :-/

This is a known bug: #2291
http://dev.rubyonrails.com/ticket/2291

This problem is supposed to be resolved in r2722, which happened prior
to 0.14.3 being released.

Hope that helps,
François
Ben (Guest)
on 2005-11-14 11:15
francois.beausoleil wrote:
> Hi !
> 2005/11/13, Ben <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
>> While this works, the flash simply doesn't appear when placed after the
>> render_component helper. It's not a CSS problem because the flash doesn't appear
>> anywhere in the final page source code. Have I gotten something very wrong? :-/
>
> This is a known bug: #2291
> http://dev.rubyonrails.com/ticket/2291
>
> This problem is supposed to be resolved in r2722, which happened prior
> to 0.14.3 being released.
>
> Hope that helps,
> François

Ok, thanks very much - although it's annoying, I'm relieved it's not due
to me!