Forum: RSpec [Cucumber] Autotest and multiple scenarios

Tim W. (Guest)
Hi Guys,

Using AUTOFEATURE=true autospec and have a feature with multiple
scenarios. When we save the feature or steps file AUTOTEST seems to
only run the last scenario. Is this a known issue or are we doing
something boneheaded, or both!?

Thanks,

Tim
Peter J. (Guest)
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Tim W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Using AUTOFEATURE=true autospec and have a feature with multiple
> scenarios. When we save the feature or steps file AUTOTEST seems to
> only run the last scenario. Is this a known issue or are we doing
> something boneheaded, or both!?

Neither, I think. :)

I assume that scenario isn't passing.  It will only run scenarios
which don't pass until they've all passed.  Then it will run them all
from the top to make sure they still all pass.  The idea is to run the
ones you're working on and not bother with the rest, since running an
entire feature suite on every save would take far too long.  Then,
when you're done, autotest/autospec runs the whole suite to check for
regressions.

Peter