Forum: Ruby on Rails How to overcome ActionController::Filters::Filter ??

Vivek (Guest)
I had a model called filter defined in an ancient version of rails
(about 1 yr old). Now I upgrade to 2.2.2 and see that all my
references to Filter resolve to
ActionController::Filters::Filter and that gives all kinds of errors
because ruby tries to search for the model methods in the
ActionController filter module..
Is there a way to fix this without changing my code?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 17 Dec 2008, at 20:04, Vivek wrote:

> I had a model called filter defined in an ancient version of rails
> (about 1 yr old). Now I upgrade to 2.2.2 and see that all my
> references to Filter resolve to
> ActionController::Filters::Filter and that gives all kinds of errors
> because ruby tries to search for the model methods in the
> ActionController filter module..
> Is there a way to fix this without changing my code?

In your controllers write ::Filter instead of Filter.

Fred