Forum: RSpec Rails 2.3

Mischa F. (Guest)
Wanted to point out to anyone having problems that rspec-rails 1.1.11.1
works with rails 2.3, while rspec 1.1.11 does not appear to.

Also, to get rspec 1.1.11.1 to build I had to remove UPDATE from the
manifest.

David C. (Guest)
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Mischa F.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Wanted to point out to anyone having problems that rspec-rails 1.1.11.1
> works with rails 2.3, while rspec 1.1.11 does not appear to.

$ gem q -rn rails
rails (2.2.2)

Doesn't look like rails-2.3 is released. Do you mean edge rails?

Also - just so we're all clear, any gem w/ a 4th part (like 1.1.11.1)
is an interim, unofficial release that I make available at github as a
convenience
(http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/wikis/releases-and-gems).
They get prefixed w/ my github username, so:

$ gem q -rn dchelimsky-rspec
dchelimsky-rspec (1.1.11.1)
dchelimsky-rspec-rails (1.1.11.1)

I just pushed updated gemspecs, so there should be a pair of 1.1.11.2
gems up there soon (usually takes 15 to 30 minutes before they show
up) that won't require you futzing with the manifest.

Cheers,
David
Mischa F. (Guest)
Thank you for clarifying.