Forum: Ruby on Rails Video on Rails?

Remco S. (Guest)

Looking for a gem/plugins with the purpose of uploading/encode/decode
video's to flash.

Someone ideas?

Grtz..remco
Fernando P. (Guest)
on 2008-12-17 12:40
Remco S. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking for a gem/plugins with the purpose of uploading/encode/decode
> video's to flash.
>
> Someone ideas?
>
> Grtz..remco

Basically you are asking for vimeo's source code... All the tools exists
as free software, it's up to you to code the glue to make the pieces
stick together.
Flower B. (Guest)
Hi Remco,

You may have interests on our AnkoderOnRails plugin :)

http://doc.ankoder.com/

- Jan

* Remco S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> [2008-12-17 10:33:33
+0100]:
Roderick v. (Guest)
on 2008-12-17 19:01
Remco S. wrote:
> Looking for a gem/plugins with the purpose of uploading/encode/decode
> video's to flash.

Check out WhooTube at
http://www.nedforce.com/products/whootube-flash-vi....
It's been a while since it's been updated, but you should be able to get
it up and running without too much hassle.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://www.nedforce.com

On Dec 17, 1:33 am, Remco S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Remco S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-17 21:53
Roderick van Domburg wrote:
> Remco S. wrote:
>> Looking for a gem/plugins with the purpose of uploading/encode/decode
>> video's to flash.
>
> Check out WhooTube at
> http://www.nedforce.com/products/whootube-flash-vi....
> It's been a while since it's been updated, but you should be able to get
> it up and running without too much hassle.
>
> --
> Roderick van Domburg
> http://www.nedforce.com

Hi Roderick,

I just download the WhooTube app. Great software, just the code i am
looking for.

I think there are some upgrade issues. A secret is required to generate
an integrity hash for cookie session data. So i added,
config.action_controller.session in my env.

After that i get the message

NoMethodError (protected method `with_scope' called for
#<Class:0x1f5cc50>)

I think it is a security issue...can you give me some advice..

Thanks...

remco
Roderick v. (Guest)
on 2008-12-18 01:25
Hi Remco,

> Roderick van Domburg wrote:
>> Check out WhooTube at
>> http://www.nedforce.com/products/whootube-flash-vi....
>> It's been a while since it's been updated, but you should be able to get
>> it up and running without too much hassle.
>
> I think there are some upgrade issues. A secret is required to generate
> an integrity hash for cookie session data. So i added,
> config.action_controller.session in my env.
>
> After that i get the message
>
> NoMethodError (protected method `with_scope' called for
> #<Class:0x1f5cc50>)
>
> I think it is a security issue...can you give me some advice..

with_scope has become protected in later Rails versions. You should
rewrite it to use named_scope in the model instead.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://www.nedforce.com