Forum: Radiant CMS E-Commerce, Anyone?

Todd M. (Guest)
on 2008-12-17 09:11
I need to build a site with shopping cart functionality and I was hoping
to develop the site with Radiant. Has anyone built an e-commerce site
with Radiant? Any ideas, tips or tricks you'd like to share?

Thanks.
Ben M. (Guest)
on 2008-12-17 21:35
Todd Mcgregor wrote:
> I need to build a site with shopping cart functionality and I was hoping
> to develop the site with Radiant. Has anyone built an e-commerce site
> with Radiant? Any ideas, tips or tricks you'd like to share?

Check out Spree - http://spreehq.org/. You could run it as a sub domain,
like shop.mydomain.com.
Todd M. (Guest)
on 2008-12-17 21:48
Ben M. wrote:
> Todd Mcgregor wrote:
>> I need to build a site with shopping cart functionality and I was hoping
>> to develop the site with Radiant. Has anyone built an e-commerce site
>> with Radiant? Any ideas, tips or tricks you'd like to share?
>
> Check out Spree - http://spreehq.org/. You could run it as a sub domain,
> like shop.mydomain.com.

Thanks Ben, I'll look into this further. According the the "Planned
Features" section on this page http://spreehq.org/features it looks like
integration with Radiant is already being considered.
Benedikt E. (Guest)
on 2008-12-19 12:59
Todd Mcgregor wrote:
> I need to build a site with shopping cart functionality and I was hoping
> to develop the site with Radiant. Has anyone built an e-commerce site
> with Radiant? Any ideas, tips or tricks you'd like to share?
>
> Thanks.

You may want to have a look at http://railskits.com/ ...
Chris P. (Guest)
on 2008-12-26 22:45
Radiant would be a great catalog system for e-commerce.
Ignacio C. (Guest)
on 2009-01-12 21:32
Chris Poldier wrote:
> Radiant would be a great catalog system for e-commerce.

  I'm interested in this... but I don't know how to use a Radiant page
as a kind of template itself for a given model.

  As an example, let's call it "Product" (I'm imaginative), and we have
a nice admin section to do CRUD on it.

  We need, from within a Radiant page, to call something like <r:self
attribute="name" /> (just an example).

  Then we would also need a way to iterate over these, and filter them,
too...

  Any ideas?

nachokb
Jason W. (Guest)
The best eCommerce source for Ruby on Rails is Spree http://spreehq.com
Radiant is an excellent CMS, and i'm sure that you could use it for an
eCommerce solution, but i would use Spree.

Jason
Nate T. (Guest)
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 1:58 PM, jason white <

> The best eCommerce source for Ruby on Rails is Spree http://spreehq.com
> Radiant is an excellent CMS, and i'm sure that you could use it for an
> eCommerce solution, but i would use Spree.

Have you ever used Spree? Can it be set up as an extension to use with
share_layouts? I have a shop on Shopify because it seemed like a logical
choice at the time. It would be cool to move that over.

~Nate
Sean S. (Guest)
on 2009-01-14 01:59
> Have you ever used Spree? Can it be set up as an extension to use with
> share_layouts?

What do you mean by share_layouts?

> ~Nate

Sean
Nate T. (Guest)
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Sean Schofield

> > Have you ever used Spree? Can it be set up as an extension to use with
> > share_layouts?
>
> What do you mean by share_layouts?

The share_layouts extension: *http://tinyurl.com/share-layouts*

It allows you to share Radiant view with your own controllers.
Theoretically
you could have a Spree project and a Radiant project share the same
views.
It would be great if somebody could figure out a way to turn Spree into
an
extension. Sadly, my Rails_fu is just not up to the task, I could use
this.

~Nate
Sean S. (Guest)
on 2009-01-14 13:54
> The share_layouts extension: *http://tinyurl.com/share-layouts*
>
> It allows you to share Radiant view with your own controllers.
> Theoretically
> you could have a Spree project and a Radiant project share the same
> views.

So basically you would want Spree to be able to "fit" inside of existing
Radiant layouts?  That might be possible but it would take quite a bit
of experimenting.

> It would be great if somebody could figure out a way to turn Spree into
> an
> extension. Sadly, my Rails_fu is just not up to the task, I could use
> this.

Eventually someone will get around to trying it.  Just the other day
somebody was asking about this on spree-user

http://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/11ed2d055cdd562d

I will attempt it myself if a paying client ever needs sophisticated CMS
+ Spree (as opposed to simple CMS which can already be handled without
Radiant.)

Btw, Spree based its extension system on Radiant, so Radiant users will
feel somewhat at home when working in Spree.

> ~Nate

Sean
Patrick (Guest)

I was looking for a simple solution to integrate
a small web shop into radiant. The key feature was
that the webshop should use the layout from radiant.

So I programmed a new extension called simple_web_shop.
It's still in development but if you are interested,
have a look at the following link:

   http://sa.pindula.net/shop

The extension shows you all the products you can edit
via the admin interface. Its just a simple one form
web shop. But it might be useful for small companies
selling up to, lets say 5 to 10 products.

Patrick