Forum: Ruby on Rails Dependencies.load_paths

Sijo k. (Guest)
on 2008-12-17 08:44
Hi
   what is Dependencies.load_paths and placing it in environment.rb?

Thanks in advance
Sijo
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Dec 17, 6:44 am, Sijo Kg <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi
>    what is Dependencies.load_paths and placing it in environment.rb?

Controls which paths the autoloading feature in rails searches
through.

Fred
Sijo k. (Guest)
on 2008-12-17 11:20
I did not understand it. What is  autoloading feature in rails searches
means? I have also doubts in
Dependencies.explicitly_unloadable_constants These types of things very
difficult to understand ..Could you please tell where to get proper
documentation and all(or any blogs)

Sijo
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 17 Dec 2008, at 09:20, Sijo Kg wrote:

> I did not understand it. What is  autoloading feature in rails
> searches
> means? I have also doubts in

Autoleading means that when Rails sees Foo it knows to go and load the
foo.rb file. Dependencies.load_paths controls where it will search for
that file

> Dependencies.explicitly_unloadable_constants These types of things
> very
> difficult to understand ..Could you please tell where to get proper
> documentation and all(or any blogs)

This to do with reloading in development mode. In normal usage you
would nearly never need to use this.

Fred