Forum: Ruby Unable to locate config file.

Ch B. (Guest)
on 2008-12-17 05:23
 I have a gemmed command line utility that requires a configuration
file. The configuration file is included in the gem and installs in the
base directory. A file in /lib needs to load it, but I am unable to do
so. Calling '../config.yml' does not locate it, nor does anything else
I've tried so far as the current directory is just wherever the command
line utility is being run from. How can I locate this configuration file
in a friendly os independent way?
dusty (Guest)
On Dec 16, 10:16 pm, Ch Ba <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>  I have a gemmed command line utility that requires a configuration
> file. The configuration file is included in the gem and installs in the
> base directory. A file in /lib needs to load it, but I am unable to do
> so. Calling '../config.yml' does not locate it, nor does anything else
> I've tried so far as the current directory is just wherever the command
> line utility is being run from. How can I locate this configuration file
> in a friendly os independent way?
> --

Try

File.join(File.dirname(__FILE__),'..','config.yml')