Forum: Ruby on Rails http://localhost/3000 cant see my pages

Graham O. (Guest)
on 2008-12-16 23:55
I think I'm going to cry.

I have been trying to get this to work for the last 6 hours and cant get
anywhere.

My installation was working fine yesterday now I cant get it to work.

I have IIS turned off
My apache server is turned off
My firewall is turned off

I have started my server successfully Mongrel but I cant see my project
of localhost/3000.

I am really at my wits end and fell like giving up

someone please help me
Hassan S. (Guest)
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Graham O.

> My installation was working fine yesterday now I cant get it to work.

> I have started my server successfully Mongrel but I cant see my project
> of localhost/3000.

Is that a typo? Are you actually looking at http://localhost:3000/ ?

If so, what does "can't see" actually mean, and what's in your log?

Hafeez S. (Guest)
Hi Graham..,

As hasan told Your application will be displayed at
http://localhost:3000/

And also If you have controller name and action/method name Then the
respective page will be

displayed by
http://localhost:3000/your_controller_name/your_ac....

Enjoy and Gud Luck

Regards
hafeez

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Hassan S. <
Rick (Guest)
Graham,

One more time:

localhost:3000 NOT localhost/3000

Rick

On Dec 16, 11:55 am, Graham O. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Graham O. (Guest)
on 2008-12-17 10:17
Rick wrote:
> Graham,
>
> One more time:
>
> localhost:3000 NOT localhost/3000
>
> Rick
>
> On Dec 16, 11:55?am, Graham O. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

Thank you friends, it was all my fault what a stupid mistake to make I
did have the path wrong.

Its being a while since I've done some development still a bit rusty.

Thanks again
Best Regards

Graham