Forum: Mongrel Problem launching mongrel

Sylvain P. (Guest)
Hello.

I use capistrano with mongrel and apache.

When I cap deploy:start, It launches nothing. So I :
sd-17133:/var/rails/canardps3/current# mongrel_cluster_ctl start
Starting all mongrel_clusters...
/usr/local/bin/mongrel_cluster_ctl:7:in `chdir': No such file or
directory - /etc/mongrel_cluster (Errno::ENOENT)
        from /usr/local/bin/mongrel_cluster_ctl:7:in `run'
        from /usr/local/bin/mongrel_cluster_ctl:55
guess it may be the problem. Any idea on what can I do to fix this ?
Anthony E. (Guest)
Have you tried passing a configuration file in?

I have my config file for prod, qa, etc. under
./config/{environment}_mongrel.conf

The cluster can be started with -c ./path/to/config/file   (which has
startup directory, ports, etc)...or you can create a directory in
/etc/mongrel_cluster that has symlinks to all your config files for
each environment.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Sylvain P.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
>         from /usr/local/bin/mongrel_cluster_ctl:55
> guess it may be the problem. Any idea on what can I do to fix this ?

Anthony E.
408-656-2473
http://anthony.ettinger.name
Christopher Opena (Guest)
Sylvain, can you post your mongrel_cluster_ctl to the list?  It looks
like
your start script is trying to find a file but it's not there.
Emmanuel P. (Guest)
clearly you are missing a configuration file on the server. /etc/
mongrel_cluster.. you need to create a configuration file to start
your mongrel cluster. It first looks into your rails config directory
and then in /etc/mongrel_clusters.

Emmanuel
Sylvain P. (Guest)
Ok, I get the config file, but in fact this don't make the cap
deploy:start
working.

Some information :

my script/spin :

#!/bin/sh

/var/rails/canardps3/current/script/process/spawner \

mongrel \

--environment=production \

--instances=1 \

--address=127.0.0.1 \

--port=8000

my spawner :

#!/usr/bin/env ruby

require File.dirname(*__FILE__*) + '/../../config/boot'

require 'commands/process/spawner'

I got no error except
C:\railsapp\canardps3>cap deploy:start
  * executing `deploy:start'
  * executing "cd /var/rails/canardps3/current && sudo -p 'sudo
password: '
-u s
obert nohup script/spin"
    servers: ["canardpsn.sobert.net"]
    [canardpsn.sobert.net] executing command
*** [err :: canardpsn.sobert.net] ** Ruby version is not up-to-date;
cgi
_multipart_eof_fix
*** [err :: canardpsn.sobert.net]
 ** [out :: canardpsn.sobert.net] => Starting mongrel dispatchers
 ** [out :: canardpsn.sobert.net] Checking if something is already
running
on 12
7.0.0.1:8000...NO
 ** [out :: canardpsn.sobert.net] Starting dispatcher on port:
127.0.0.1:8000
*** [err :: canardpsn.sobert.net] ** Ruby version is not up-to-date;
cgi
_multipart_eof_fix
*** [err :: canardpsn.sobert.net]
    command finished

but a ps aux | grep mongrel isn't returning a thing.

Were can I find some clue ?