Forum: Ruby headers problem installing hpricot

Kenneth McDonald (Guest)
I just tried (on OS X 10.5) an install of hpricot, and was told that
it couldn't be compiled because the ruby headers could not be found.
Curiously, I can install it on my notebook, which is also OS X 10.5.
Anyone know the cure for this? Should I install the latest version of
Ruby?

Thanks,
Ken
James G. (Guest)
On Dec 16, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Kenneth McDonald wrote:

> I just tried (on OS X 10.5) an install of hpricot, and was told that
> it couldn't be compiled because the ruby headers could not be found.
> Curiously, I can install it on my notebook, which is also OS X 10.5.
> Anyone know the cure for this? Should I install the latest version
> of Ruby?

You need to install Apple's Developer Tools (Xcode).  Details can be
found here:

http://danbenjamin.com/articles/2008/02/ruby-rails-leopard

James Edward G. II