Forum: Ruby on Rails Little information in mongrel output

Martin H. (Guest)
I'm currently using MS SQL Server for the first time and am
successfully connecting to a remote server using ODBC, following the
excellent guidelines published at
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowtoConne....

I'm used to seeing lots of information in the mongrel screen,
especially the sql commands which are going to be very important on
this project as I'm accessing more than one database and some of the
tables are huge.
Currently, I'm seeing almost nothing. This is typical output:

Processing MenuController#login (for 127.0.0.1 at 2008-12-15 09:40:58)
[GET]
Rendering menu/login
Completed in 6838ms (View: 24, DB: 0) | 200 OK [http://localhost/menu/
test]

and that's it. Considering that render was preceded by accessing and
extracting data from 105 tables, it's scant help.

I'm developing on Ubuntu, using ruby 1.8.6, rails 2.2.2 and mongrel
1.1.5 in development mode.  I can give details of the ODBC stack if
that helps.

Any help gratefully received!!
thanks
Martin
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 16 Dec 2008, at 09:35, Martin H. wrote:

> tables are huge.

Have you set the log level too high ? (config.log_level)

Fred
Martin H. (Guest)
I've got config.log_level = :debug in environment.rb
Martin

On Dec 16, 10:58 am, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Chirantan R. (Guest)
Thanks. It helped!