Forum: Ruby on Rails Newbie installing EdgeRails: Error

Michael Franzl (Guest)

I'm using Ruby-1.8.7, Rubygems-1.3.1, Rails-2.2.2 and
Rake-0.8.3.

But getting EdgeRails via

     rails test
     cd test
     rake rails:freeze:edge

yields

     rake aborted!
     wrong number of arguments (2 for 1)

What is wrong with this? The same error pops up with
Rails-2.2.1 in combination with Rake-0.8.1.

Hints appreciated!

Michael
John Y. (Guest)
Can you freeze your current version?

rake rails:freeze:gems

I have the same Ruby version, Gem version, Rake, and Rails version and
I didn't have any issues freezing Edge Rails.  I'm on OSX Leopard.
MFranzl (Guest)
> Can you freeze your current version?
>
> rake rails:freeze:gems

Yes. This worked. But not  `rake rails:freeze:edge`.

Anyhow, I've found the problem. It was the ruby version. Together with
rubygems-1.3.1, rake-0.8.3 and rails-2.2.2
the listed ruby versions behaved as follows:

ruby-1.8.6-p111   OK
ruby-1.8.7-p0      failed
ruby-1.8.7-p72     OK

So I guess you run ruby-1.8.7 with a patchlevel greater than zero.

Thanks for the hint!

Michael