Forum: Ruby on Rails Application failing on undefined method `install_gem_spec_st

Caps L. (Guest)
on 2008-12-15 07:47
Hi there,

I have rails 2.0.2 installed on my development server and that is where
I created this app. I froze the app to 2.0.2 knowing that my host server
uses 2.2.2 and that version breaks my application.

But when I upload my app to its test bed on the host server I get this
error:

# ruby dispatch.cgi
./../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:49:in `send':
undefined method `install_gem_spec_stubs' for
#<Rails::Initializer:0x7f48dec3aef0> (NoMethodError)
  from ./../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:49:in
`run'
  from ./../config/boot.rb:46:in `load_initializer'
  from ./../config/boot.rb:38:in `run'
  from ./../config/boot.rb:11:in `boot!'
  from ./../config/boot.rb:109
  from ./../config/environment.rb:11:in `require'
  from ./../config/environment.rb:11
  from dispatch.cgi:3:in `require'
  from dispatch.cgi:3

Hmmm...well it is certainly trying to use my frozen rails, but why is it
having issue here on the host server vs. on my development sever at
another location?

Any thoughts?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Dec 15, 5:47 am, Caps L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hmmm...well it is certainly trying to use my frozen rails, but why is it
> having issue here on the host server vs. on my development sever at
> another location?

is your version of rubygems new enough?

Fred
Caps L. (Guest)
on 2008-12-15 14:08
Frederick C. wrote:
> On Dec 15, 5:47�am, Caps L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> wrote:
>> Hmmm...well it is certainly trying to use my frozen rails, but why is it
>> having issue here on the host server vs. on my development sever at
>> another location?
>>
> is your version of rubygems new enough?
>
> Fred
Caps L. (Guest)
on 2008-12-15 14:09
Caps L. wrote:
> Frederick C. wrote:
>> On Dec 15, 5:47�am, Caps L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>> Hmmm...well it is certainly trying to use my frozen rails, but why is it
>>> having issue here on the host server vs. on my development sever at
>>> another location?
>>>
>> is your version of rubygems new enough?
>>
>> Fred

My bad on the prior post before writing anything :-/.

When doing gem --version i get 1.3.1 which, as i understand it, is the
latest and greatest.