Forum: Ruby Need to download a file and then have to verify the contents

Bhavesh S. (Guest)

I have an application [web page], where i have an option to download
files once selected.

Once file is selected, we can click on download button.  Till here im
able to do using watir.

But im not able to render through this download dialog using watir.

I need to give location in this Download dialog and then have to save
the file.

Once file is saved at particular location, i need to open/ verify the
contents of that file.

All this i need to do using watir.

Can anybody help me in this regard, how can i do this using watir.

I have AutoIt installed on my machine.

Bhavesh
Marius Å. (Guest)
you could break this in to several parts.

First, check if you can click a download button with _watir_.

Second, check if you can download a file, download a file with `wget
<your options>`.

Third, check the contents of your downloaded file.

Bhavesh S. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an application [web page], where i have an option to download
> files once selected.
>
> Once file is selected, we can click on download button.  Till here im
> able to do using watir.
>
> But im not able to render through this download dialog using watir.
>
> I need to give location in this Download dialog and then have to save
> the file.
>
> Once file is saved at particular location, i need to open/ verify the
> contents of that file.
>
> All this i need to do using watir.
>
> Can anybody help me in this regard, how can i do this using watir.
>
> I have AutoIt installed on my machine.
>
> Bhavesh
Bhavesh S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-15 13:28
Hi Marius,

Thanks for the information.

But from where i get these routines "_watir_" and "wget"

Also i need to automate the opening and verification of the contents of
the files through watir itself.

Can you help me in this?

Thanks
Bhavesh