Forum: Ruby on Rails Simple Question: How do I install Authlogic w/o git?

David D. (Guest)
on 2008-12-13 20:43
I don't think I'm going to figure out how to install Git anytime soon.
The install fails everytime I issue a "make."

The authlogic plugin page only offers a git repository
(git://github.com/binarylogic/authlogic.git
) and I can't find an svn repository for it which would make my life
easier.

Is there some other way to install the widely used authlogic plugin
without git?

Really appreciate it.  Git works fine on my local windows installation
and I was able to install authlogic easily.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 13 Dec 2008, at 18:43, David D. wrote:

> I don't think I'm going to figure out how to install Git anytime soon.
> The install fails everytime I issue a "make."
>
> The authlogic plugin page only offers a git repository
> (git://github.com/binarylogic/authlogic.git
> ) and I can't find an svn repository for it which would make my life
> easier.

You can download tarballs from github.

Fred
David D. (Guest)
on 2008-12-13 22:45
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 13 Dec 2008, at 18:43, David D. wrote:
>

>> I don't think I'm going to figure out how to install Git anytime soon.
>> The install fails everytime I issue a "make."
>>
>> The authlogic plugin page only offers a git repository
>> (git://github.com/binarylogic/authlogic.git
>> ) and I can't find an svn repository for it which would make my life
>> easier.
>
> You can download tarballs from github.
>
> Fred

Thanks.
Lee S. (Guest)
on 2009-03-18 21:38
Why not install it as a gem?

gem install authlogic
CakeCooker (Guest)
i had the same problem.Your post solved the problem.
Thanks guy.

http://www.netsyscom.biz