Forum: Ruby Unit test output verbosity

Krzysieq (Guest)
Hey,

I have a question. I wrote some unit tests for my simple app. Since it's
part of a larger whole, it's managed inside a continuous integration
framework. For that purpose I would like to report the unit tests that
are
executed not only by their overall failure or success, but in more
detail.
Is there any way in which I can increase the verbosity of messages sent
standard output, so that I can see the names of all test case
subclasses,
and all test methods, with a distinction whether or not they succeeded?
The
best would be to get a junit format of xml report, but I have tools to
do
that for me from plain text, so this isn't a big deal. I will appreciate
any
insight.

Cheers,
Chris
Kouhei S. (Guest)

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "Unit test output verbosity" on Sat, 13 Dec 2008 01:30:39 +0900,
  Krzysieq <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I have a question. I wrote some unit tests for my simple app. Since it's a
> part of a larger whole, it's managed inside a continuous integration
> framework. For that purpose I would like to report the unit tests that are
> executed not only by their overall failure or success, but in more detail.
> Is there any way in which I can increase the verbosity of messages sent to
> standard output, so that I can see the names of all test case subclasses,
> and all test methods, with a distinction whether or not they succeeded? The
> best would be to get a junit format of xml report, but I have tools to do
> that for me from plain text, so this isn't a big deal. I will appreciate any
> insight.

Are you using test-unit? If so, you can use -vv option.

Thanks,
Krzysieq (Guest)
Hi again,

Yes, I'm using Test::Unit, but the -w parameter You mentioned doesn't
seem
to have done anything. Any other ideas? Thanks for help anyways.

Cheers,
Chris

2008/12/13 Kouhei S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Kouhei S. (Guest)

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "Re: Unit test output verbosity" on Mon, 15 Dec 2008 18:58:18 +0900,
  Krzysieq <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Yes, I'm using Test::Unit, but the -w parameter You mentioned doesn't seem
> to have done anything. Any other ideas? Thanks for help anyways.

No, no, no. Two "v"s ("-vv") not one "w" ("-w").
See --help.