Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem with parameters

Jose vicente R. (Guest)
First at all sorry if my english is not the best.

In the view I have this code:

<%= select_tag "tabla", options_for_select(["Famitel", "Polycom Kirk",
"LG Nortel", "Dimax Videovigilancia"]) %>
<%= text_field :buscar, params[:codigo_aleatorio]%>
<%= button_to "Buscar" , :action => :elijovista %>

In elijovista´s controller I need to know the item that was selected
in
tabla and the text.

my code is:
def elijovista
   debugger
   return params[:payment]

    case :tabla
        when "Famitel"
         @ticket=Ticket.find( :first, :select =>"reference",
:conditions=>['codigo_aleatorio=?',params[:codigo_aleatorio]])

        # renders app/views/zonaclientes/showFamitel
        render :template => 'zonaclientes/showFamitel'
      return
.
.
.
.
(The same for the rest of the items)
.
.
But render never works, always show the elijovista view.

Whats wrong? How can obtain the option selected in tabla?

Thanks for all
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 12 Dec 2008, at 14:49, joripel wrote:

> <%= button_to "Buscar" , :action => :elijovista %>
>
> In elijovista´s controller I need to know the item that was selected
> in
> tabla and the text.
>
> my code is:
> def elijovista
>   debugger
>   return params[:payment]

return halts processing of the action

Fred
Jose vicente R. (Guest)
Sorry, I did several tests.This two lines don't exists
 debugger
   return params[:payment]
Jose vicente R. (Guest)
The problem is that in the view when i  push the button it works like
a link_to and tabla y codigo_aleatorio aren't present in elijovista :(

Any help? I don't know how solve this
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Dec 12, 2:49 pm, joripel <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>     case :tabla
>         when "Famitel"

These lines here are also weird. The lines below would only run
if :table were to be === to "Famitel", which would never happen. (did
you mean params[:tabla] ?

Fred
Jose vicente R. (Guest)
With case params[:tabla] the variables are the same. I can't use
params[:tabla] in elijovista controller :(