Forum: Ruby Need help with rubyw

Rasmus R. (Guest)
on 2008-12-12 13:50
Hello,

I'm planning to run ruby setup script from lots of testclasses (NUnit)
so I need to hide the console window. But starting process from C# with
rubyw only returns error.

Then I try this helloworld-like test:

>echo sleep(5) > tst.rb
>ruby tst.rb
(sleeps 5 secs)

>rubyw tst.rb
(terminates immediately)

Why no sleep with rubyw?

What should I do to hide console window? My OS is MS Server 2003

Thanks!
Robert D. (Guest)
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Rasmus R.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> (sleeps 5 secs)
>
>>rubyw tst.rb
> (terminates immediately)
>
> Why no sleep with rubyw?
Oh it sleeps just fine, but in a background process, this is the same as
typing
sleep 5 &
in a bash shell, does not make lot's of sense.
HTH
Robert
--
Il computer non è una macchina intelligente che aiuta le persone
stupide, anzi, è una macchina stupida che funziona solo nelle mani

Umberto Eco