Forum: GNU Radio add-on pci-express GigE card compatibility

unknown (Guest)
Hi all-

I just wanted to report that a PCI-express card with the Agere ET131x
chipset (StarTech ST1000BTPEX from Newegg) doesn't seem to work (as
eth1)
with the USRP2, but an Intel-based card with the 82572EI chipset does.
Maybe there is some option during compilation of the Agere kernel driver
that I didn't see, but with the default "make" compilation the
find_usrps
command failed on the Agere.  I'm using a 10099 svn version of GnuRadio
and the default firmware that came with the USRP2, purchased about 3
weeks
ago.

thanks,
eric
Matt E. (Guest)
> Hi all-
>
> I just wanted to report that a PCI-express card with the Agere ET131x
> chipset (StarTech ST1000BTPEX from Newegg) doesn't seem to work (as
> eth1) with the USRP2, but an Intel-based card with the 82572EI chipset
> does. Maybe there is some option during compilation of the Agere
> kernel driver that I didn't see, but with the default "make"
> compilation the find_usrps command failed on the Agere.  I'm using a
> 10099 svn version of GnuRadio and the default firmware that came with
> the USRP2, purchased about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for the report.  If anybody else has success or problem reports,
please send them in.  I will be trying to obtain similar cards in order
to figure out what is going on.

I have had a lot of success with the Intel chipsets which use the e1000
or e1000e drivers, as well as Marvell using the sky2 kernel module.

Matt