Forum: Ruby on Rails restful_authentication errors

MarkusW (Guest)
When I run

[code]  script/generate authenticated user --include-activation [/
code]

it seems to work at first, but then it reports:

" The name 'SessionsHelper' is either already used in your application
or reserved by Ruby on Rails. Please choose an alternative and run
this generator again "

I've heard that having both acts_as_authenticated and
restful_authentication installed at the same time can cause this
error, but that's not the case with my app.

I just started a new app and installed only the restful_authentication
plugin.

Any suggestions?
Fer T. (Guest)
on 2009-11-02 19:04
MarkusW wrote:
> When I run
>
> [code]  script/generate authenticated user --include-activation [/
> code]
>
> it seems to work at first, but then it reports:
>
> " The name 'SessionsHelper' is either already used in your application
> or reserved by Ruby on Rails. Please choose an alternative and run
> this generator again "
>
> I've heard that having both acts_as_authenticated and
> restful_authentication installed at the same time can cause this
> error, but that's not the case with my app.
>
> I just started a new app and installed only the restful_authentication
> plugin.
>
> Any suggestions?

Surely you've been able to solve the problem, but I publish a possible
solution for anyone who has the same problem. A proper way to use the
generator of restful_authentication is:

[ruby] script/generate authenticated user session —include-activation

I hope it's useful.
greetings
Fer T.
Arg.
Marnen L. (Guest)
on 2009-11-02 19:12
MarkusW wrote:
[...]
> I just started a new app and installed only the restful_authentication
> plugin.

Then please, forget about restful_authentication and use Authlogic.
restful_authentication is easy to set up, but puts a lot of
unmaintainable generated crap into your application.

> Any suggestions?

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser