Forum: JRuby Error during gem install with 1.1

Barbara M. (Guest)
I get this error when I try to install a gem:

>jruby -J-Xmx512M -S gem install mocha
JRuby limited openssl loaded. gem install jruby-openssl for full
support.
http://wiki.jruby.org/wiki/JRuby_Builtin_OpenSSL
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteSourceException)
    Error fetching remote gem cache: ParserException while scanning a
block
mapping we had this expected <block end>, but found
org.jvyamlb.tokens.ScalarToken

I did dig up unresolved reports of this error on earlier versions of
JRuby,
but I am using JRuby 1.1

Thanks in advance for any help.

bemmi wrote:

> I did dig up unresolved reports of this error on earlier versions of JRuby,
> but I am using JRuby 1.1

Like, 1.1.nothing or 1.1.4/5/6?

- Charlie

1.1 nothing

>jruby -v
ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-28 rev 6360) [x86-jruby1.1]

Thanks,

Barbara

Charles Oliver N.-2 wrote:
>> block

p.s. I also get the same error when I download the gem file and attempt
local install
1.1 is almost a year old.  We have fixed many issues since then.  I
recommend updating to 1.1.5 or waiting a week until we finalize 1.1.6.

I also just tried a mocha install and it worked fine (on our current
release).

-Tom

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 5:21 PM, bemmi <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

Blog: http://www.bloglines.com/blog/ThomasEEnebo