Forum: Ruby Thread safety resources

Tj H. (Guest)
on 2008-12-11 00:19
What would you consider the cleanest, yet effective way to produce
thread-safe libraries? any tips or suggestions for a Ruby newb would be
fantastic
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
Tj Holowaychuk wrote:
> What would you consider the cleanest, yet effective way to produce
> thread-safe libraries? any tips or suggestions for a Ruby newb would be
> fantastic

Does your library use threads itself, or do you just want your library
to be callable from multiple threads?
Tj H. (Guest)
on 2008-12-11 00:48
Im not talking about any one library specifically, but I suppose both
would certainly be good to learn. I have been looking through the
standard library and others trying to discover consistent / clean
conventions but I have seen a few variants and I am not quite sure about
the ideal way to create thread safety within the library itself as well
as execution from within threads like you mentioned