Forum: GNU Radio Boost

David Ocame (Guest)
Hello all,
I just finished upgrading to Fedora 10 and did another build of
gnuradio. The build guide on the website gets a variety of libraries and
other dependancies, one of which is boost 1.34. Yet, the guide calls for
ver 1.35 or higher. Also, I had a hard time finding the instructions for
building boost. They used to be right where they were needed.

I was wondering if the build guide could be updated to reflect these
changes?

Thanks!

 ***********************************
****I'm not dead, yet!************
***********************************

Dave Ocame, N1YVV
Awards Chair
The SETILeague, Inc
www.setileague.org

Stony Creek Observatory
FN31og
-72.834 longitude
41.272 latitude
Member: The SETILeague, Inc. and,
The Society for Amateur Radio Astronomy (SARA) and,
The Planetary Society

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

End of Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 73, Issue 29
On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 13:11 -0800, David Ocame wrote:

> I just finished upgrading to Fedora 10 and did another build of
> gnuradio. The build guide on the website gets a variety of libraries
> and other dependancies, one of which is boost 1.34. Yet, the guide
> calls for ver 1.35 or higher. Also, I had a hard time finding the
> instructions for building boost. They used to be right where they were
> needed.

Thanks for bring this to our attention.

Indeed, the default boost in FC10 is 1.34, and the current gnuradio
trunk (and also pending release 3.2) requires 1.35 or newer.

The instructions for manually building boost are in the top-level
directory of the GNU Radio source tree:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/RE...

> I was wondering if the build guide could be updated to reflect these
> changes?

Eric is usually the one to up date the Fedora build instructions, but
he's on vacation.  However, if you wish to do this yourself, you may, by
logging as:

username: guest
password: gnuradio

-Johnathan