Forum: Rails deployment which download should i use?

Dave P. (Guest)
on 2008-12-10 20:03
in the next couple of days i am going to download and install both ruby
and rails and was wondering if i should use "instant raila" or the "one
click installer? i just want to make sure i get everything i need to use
them. i have ordered the book simply rails 2 and it suggests using
instant rails rather than the one click installer.

                                                  Thanks.

                                                  Dave.
Roderick v. (Guest)
on 2008-12-13 17:28
Dave P. wrote:
> in the next couple of days i am going to download and install both ruby
> and rails and was wondering if i should use "instant raila" or the "one
> click installer? i just want to make sure i get everything i need to use
> them. i have ordered the book simply rails 2 and it suggests using
> instant rails rather than the one click installer.

With Instant Rails you get a full stack to start developing Rails
including MySQL I believe. The O. Click Installer is just Ruby - you'll
need to set up the rest yourself. If you're a beginner and the book
favors Instant Rails, then by all means go for that.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://www.nedforce.com