Forum: Ruby on Rails Saving data from the output window to a text file

(Guest)
Hi group,

I'm a complete novice who is having lots of fun discovering Ruby, Ruby
on Rails / Watir.  Good bits of software.

I wanted to record the info in the output window, into a text file.  I
wanted to do this in Ruby as I don't know enough about R-o-R.

Can anyone help me out on this.

Thanks in advance
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Dec 10, 1:07 pm, "removed_email_address@domain.invalid"
> Hi group,
>
> I'm a complete novice who is having lots of fun discovering Ruby, Ruby
> on Rails / Watir.  Good bits of software.
>
> I wanted to record the info in the output window, into a text file.  I
> wanted to do this in Ruby as I don't know enough about R-o-R.

as in the output you get when you run script/server ? It's already
being saved to log/development.log (or log/production.log when in the
production environment etc...)

Fred
Iain A. (Guest)
Also, if you want whatever you spit out using puts

i.e puts array.inspect

then you can save to a text file by running mongrel in deamon mode

mongrel_rails start -d

This will save all output in log/mongrel.log

On Dec 10, 1:07 pm, "removed_email_address@domain.invalid"